Interested in a House Exchange?

If you’re a Council or Housing Association tenant and want to move home, a mutual exchange could be the answer.

A tenant can exchange with:

  • another Angus Council tenant
  • a tenant of a registered social landlord
  • a tenant of another council

We will allow an exchange if it is in line with our social housing allocation policy. Other landlords will have their own rules about this.

A mutual exchange ends the tenant’s current tenancy and starts a new one. A tenant cannot exchange their property without permission from their landlord.

To find a suitable match you can register on the House Exchange website. When a match is found both parties need to complete a mutual exchange application form.

mutual exchange

There were 25 successful tenancy exchanges in Angus last year and there are 437 tenants registered with House Exchange.

You should check the condition of the other property as once the exchange has taken place, you are responsible for the property.

You should also agree with the other tenant if anything is to be left such as carpets or curtains.

Check the tenancy agreement of the other tenant to make sure you know if there are any differences to your current tenancy.

If you are a joint tenant, all tenants must agree to the exchange.

If you need help to use the House Exchange website, please contact us via ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.

If you want to know more about House Exchange, you can read their Annual report .


One thought on “Interested in a House Exchange?

  1. Pingback: Enter the House Exchange crossword competition and win a Google Home Hub! | Angus Council Housing News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s