The European Parliament elections are scheduled to take place in the UK on 23 May 2019.
To be able to vote in these elections, you must register to vote by midnight on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
Last day to apply for an absent vote or change an existing arrangement: 5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
Last day to apply for a proxy vote: 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019.
You can now apply to vote online but anyone who is unable to use the system can contact the Electoral Registration Officer on 01307 499910 for assistance. Information on registering to vote if you are homeless can be found here
Over the years we have put a number of things in place in Angus to assist most vulnerable electors:
- Tactile voting devices
- Large print ballot papers – both handheld and poster
- Accessible polling stations
- BSL videos on how to register to vote and how to vote
- Disability awareness packs in our polling stations
- Targeted polling station staff training
- Accessibility Co-ordinators in the polling stations – these people will be easily identifiable as they will be wearing a badge or t-shirt with the attached logo. They will be polling station staff but with the additional role of being able to assist electors with additional needs
Electors can also ask a companion or the presiding officer to assist them when in a polling station. All of this information is available on the election and voting page
The new voting Passports have been introduced, for those with learning disabilities – information on these can be accessed from here.