Do You Need Help to Manage Your Home? Contact the Homelessness Support Service.


If you need help to manage your home. It could be – 

  • getting benefits, budgeting and debt
  • setting up and keeping your tenancy
  • finding training, education or employment, or
  • dealing with Council, NHS or other services


You could get help from the Homelessness Support Service – call ACCESSLine 03452 777778.


Scottish Government Families and Communities Fund opens for applications


The new Scottish Government Families and Communities Fund is now open for applications.

The fund will run from April 2020 to March 2023, with up to £16 million being available each year. The funding is targeted at registered Scottish charities (that are also a company limited by guarantee or a SCIO) which deliver work of national significance.

The full criteria for the fund along with guidance about the different aspects of it are available at Corra Foundation’s website

There will be four Families and Communities Fund information sessions:

  • Glasgow on Tuesday 18thJune at 1.30pm
  • Dundee on Monday 24thJune at 1.30pm
  • Edinburgh on Wednesday 26thJune at 1.30pm
  • Webinar on Thursday 27thJune at 2.00pm

Organisations that think they fit the fund criteria can book a place at one of these events using the link on Corra Foundation’s website.

Voluntary Action Angus (VAA) and our funding team may be able to support Angus bids. Contact Hayley Mearns from VAA if you are interested in getting together on this fund.

Support for Home Owners in Danger of Losing Their Homes

The Home Owners Support Fund is a government initiative to help home owners who are at risk of losing their home.


Run by the Scottish Government, the Home Owners Support Fund is made up of two schemes:

  • Mortgage to Shared Equity

The fund helps home owners who can no longer afford their mortgages. The Scottish Government buys a stake in your property (up to 30%) so you can reduce your secured loan. You’ll still own and have responsibility for maintaining and insuring your home.

  • Mortgage to Rent

If you are in danger of having your home repossessed, the Scottish Government’s mortgage to rent scheme could allow you to remain in your home as a tenant.The scheme allows a social landlord (housing association or local council) to buy your home. You’ll continue to live there as a tenant.

For further information see the Scottish Government’s website  and the Information Booklet

If this applies to you, you should discuss your situation with both your lender and an independent money adviser before you apply for the scheme.

Tenant Participation: Taking the Next Step

We’ve been working with our tenant representatives and the Tenants Information Service (TIS) on the Next Steps programme. The Tenants Information Service (TIS) provides independent advice, support and training for tenants and housing organisations to work together more effectively. The Next Steps programme supports housing organisations across Scotland to review, improve and develop tenant participation.

We recently sat down with our tenants group to discuss the forthcoming Tenant Participation Strategy and other related initiatives.

The next steps meeting

We will meet again this month to set an action plan based on the feedback from the group.

If you would like to know more about this initiative or how to get involved with Tenant Participation, please contact