From Friday 18 March 2022 until 11 April 2022, we will be operating a RESTRICTED repairs service only for Angus Council tenants in the following areas
Montrose, Brechin, Forfar and Kirriemuir
The outgoing Reactive Repairs Contractor MPS are unable to deliver a full service to the end of their contracted period. To ensure the continued to deliver Right to Repair and Emergency repairs we have made the decision to go to a restricted service.
Who will deliver the service?
The restricted service will be delivered by the incoming Reactive Repairs Contractor and will remain in effect until that contractor commences full works on 11 April 2022.
What Restricted Repairs will be possible?
We will only carry out new emergency repairs, including repairs covered by right to repair legislation, in occupied properties and this includes:
- loss of heating and/or hot water – Total loss of both heating and hot water with no electric shower
- an uncontainable leak
- sewage backing up and overflowing into the property
- a serious security problem, such as a front door that cannot be locked
- loss or part loss of essential services, such as water or electricity
- unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings.
- a blocked flue to an open fire or boiler.
- external windows, doors or locks which are not secure.
- blocked sink, bath or drain
- blocked or leaking foul drains, soil stacks or toilet pans where there is no other toilet in the house.
- insecure external window, door or lock
- unsafe path or step
- toilet not flushing where there is no other toilet in the house
- unsafe power or lighting socket or electrical fitting
- loose or detached banister or handrail
- unsafe timber flooring or stair treads
- mechanical extractor fan in internal kitchen or bathroom not working.
All emergency repairs can be reported to the ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
Can Non-emergency Repairs still be reported?
Yes, please continue to report any non-emergency repairs to allow these to be logged. Whilst these cannot be addressed right now, it will allow us and our repairs contractor to plan out all repairs and allocate them to the appropriate trade as soon as restrictions are eased.
Non-emergency repairs can be reported by phoning the ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
What about repairs that have already been reported?
We are aware that a number of tenants in these areas are waiting for outstanding repairs being completed in their properties. The current contractor MPS will continue to address these.
If you have reported a repair before 1 February 2022, and this has not yet been completed, we would ask that you email us firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details, and we will escalate this for you.
• Date repair was reported (if you have this)
• Details of the repair required.
• Contact email address and telephone number
We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the recent repairs disruption and would like to assure our tenants of our continued efforts to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.