From 26 December Angus will move to Level 4 of COVID-19 restrictions.
The changes will mainly affect our repairs service. We will only accept new emergency repairs in occupied properties, and this includes:
• loss of heating and/or hot water – Total loss of both heating & hot water with no electric shower
• an uncontainable leak
• sewage backing up and overflowing into the property
• a serious security problem, such as a front door that cannot be locked
• loss of essential services, such as water or electricity
The Right to Repair will be suspended.
When you contact ACCESSline on 03452 777 778 to report a repair, we will ask you the following questions to help us determine how best to protect against the spread of the virus:
1. Do you currently have any symptoms of coronavirus? (new cough, high temperature, loss of smell or taste)
2. Has anyone you work or socialise with closely had coronavirus within the last 14 days?
3. Are you in a vulnerable or shielding group as identified in government guidance?
We will then:
1. Assess the repair required and if it is classed as emergency, your repair will be processed in the normal way.
2. If your repair is not classed as Emergency, we will not carry out the repair at this time. As before your housing officer will keep note of your routine repair.
3. Please be advised that contractors will have to wear specialised personal protective equipment while in your property.
If you’ve already reported a repair, and it hasn’t been completed by Christmas Eve, then it will be on hold until the restrictions are relaxed again.
If you are reporting a gas repair to WRB directly you will be asked the same questions to allow them to assess how they will deal with your repair.
When we are able to deal with routine repairs again, we will post an update here.
If you report a repair to us, we will assume that we have your permission for our contractor to carry it out if they can.
Many of our planned works, examples listed below, were due to restart on 5 January 2021, but this is no longer the case and we will contact tenants who have been given installation dates to advise of this and advise a new date when contractors return in the New Year.
• Bathroom Upgrades
• Kitchen Upgrades
• Planned Heating Upgrades
• Window Upgrades
• Energy Efficiency Internal Works (including the ABS and ECO Flex schemes)
External works such as External Wall Insulation will restart as planned.
Allocations – House moves to empty properties are unaffected. We will be offering tenancies as normal, and applicants can register and bid for properties at the Angus Homefinder site.
Homelessness – We will have very limited access to accommodation for callers who have nowhere to stay. We would encourage people not to travel or move between different restricted levels areas and to follow the government guidance.
Sheltered lounges remain closed for the time being.
Fire Alarm Servicing is a requirement, and this work will go ahead where tenants have been notified and are comfortable with contractors working in their home.
Communal Areas: there are some planned works to carry out improvements to some lifts which includes a temporary stairlift installation. This work will go ahead, and we would ask that you use social distancing in the areas of this work.
Estate management – Housing and antisocial behaviour officers will continue to contact customers mainly by telephone. Home visits will be the exception and mainly limited to doorsteps only.
We appreciate that this enforced change is frustrating. Our team is working really hard to provide support for you, but our resources are fully stretched at the moment. Our officers are doing their best to deliver as much of our normal service as they can, whilst also taking on additional activities related to the COVID Emergency response. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this difficult period.