Tips for Doing It Yourself – Get Advice!

For home owners, some DIY work within the home or garden may need planning or Building Warrant approval. It could be an offence not to have the necessary approvals in place and it could also jeopardise any future sale of the property.


During the lockdown, lots of people are planning home or garden improvements. It could be a shed, a garden room, fence or internal home alterations.

We want to help householders to avoid any unnecessary upset and provide information that can hopefully allow them to crack on with projects with peace of mind.

To find out whether your projects need planning permission or a Building Warrant see our news website.

 Alterations and improvements by Angus Council tenants

You must get permission before making any alterations or improvements to your council house including:

  • any work involving electrics
  • any work involving gas
  • any work which involves changing fixtures and fittings

Before carrying out any work, contact us on ACCESSLine 03452 777 778.

Standard decorating, such as scraping wallpaper or painting, does not need permission


Help Us Plan a Better Future in Angus


Locality Implementation Partnerships are being formed across Angus in November. These partnerships offer an exciting opportunity to develop new ways of working together within Angus communities.  They will play a leading role in implementing Locality Plans, which are available along with the Angus Local Outcomes Improvement Plan on our website.  The partnerships will also be organising two wider partnership events each year, open to all organisations active in the area.

Please help us develop the best possible Angus Schools for the Future. Engagement events are taking place around Angus until 29 November – if you can’t manage any of them, you can still give your views by completing the online questionnaire.