World Suicide Prevention Day is held annually on September 10. The initiative started in 2003 and its main aims are to
- raise awareness that suicide is preventable,
- improve education about suicide,
- spread information about suicide awareness and
- decrease stigmatization of suicide.
Events and activities in for World Suicide Prevention Day in Angus include:
- Wellbeing event in Montrose
- Suicide Alertness For Everyone Training (safeTALK)
Thursday 13 September 2018, 1pm-5pm Venue: Room A, Bruce House, Arbroath
This training is open to everyone who lives or works in Angus and is an introductory course for anyone interested in learning to be suicide-aware.
For more details see:
SuicideHelp provides information on how to help someone, who to contact and how to create a safety plan. This also can be downloaded as an app for iPhone, Android and Windows devices.