Do You Need Help to Manage Your Home? Contact the Homelessness Support Service.


If you need help to manage your home. It could be – 

  • getting benefits, budgeting and debt
  • setting up and keeping your tenancy
  • finding training, education or employment, or
  • dealing with Council, NHS or other services


You could get help from the Homelessness Support Service – call ACCESSLine 03452 777778.


Tenancy Update – Message for Angus Council Tenants

We recently contacted all our tenants by letter or email to advise about the changes to Scottish Secure Tenancy rights made by the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014.

Succession and assignation rules will change in April 2019, so tenants need to make sure their household details are up to date now.

Tenants need to tell us if:

  • anyone has moved into their household but they haven’t yet told us
  • anyone has moved out of their home
  • anyone will be moving in or out of their home in the future

The main message is that if a tenant’s household has changed, they need to let us know to protect their tenancy, and the tenancy rights of other members of the household

Tenants can report any tenancy changes by using our Report a tenancy change online form.

You can view the message we sent to our tenants in this document.

Private Tenancy Reform



As we mentioned in our previous post, any private tenancy created on or after 1 December 2017 will be a private residential tenancy. The new tenancy will replace the assured and short assured tenancy regime (although existing ones will remain in place until they are ended.) To find out more about private tenancy reform see Scottish Association of Landlords’ Private Residential Tenancy video.

The Scottish Government recently published new documents about the new Private Residential Tenancy: