Advice for Council Tenants Wishing to Give Up Their Tenancy – Update

If you wish to give up your tenancy you can do so in writing (no termination form will be required). You must give 28 days’ notice.

Your letter can be short but must contain:

  • your name and the names of any other joint tenant
  • the address of the property
  • your forwarding address
  • the date you are leaving – but note you must give 28 days’ notice
  • your reason for leaving
  • the signatures of all tenants

Please deliver your letter and your keys to your local Housing office

The addresses are as follows:
Arbroath/Carnoustie/Monifieth – keys for termination of tenancy should be delivered to the mailbox at Dewar House, 12 Hill Terrace, Arbroath DD11 1AJ. In the event that you are unable to do this, alternative arrangements can be made by contacting
Forfar/Kirriemuir – Montrose Road Centre, Montrose Road, Forfar DD8 2HT
Brechin/Montrose – Townhouse, High Street, Montrose DD10 8QW